The 752 USB unit provides differential inputs to monitor up to 8 RTDs or Pt100 probes, and up to 16 voltage signals. You can connect 8 USB units to 1 PC thus monitoring 64 RTDs or 128 voltage signals. The units also provide digital input and output, counting, and voltage or current output.
- Measure temperature using RTDs or Pt100 sensors, and voltage signals
- Switch digital outputs
- Monitor digital inputs
- Count events
- With extra hardware monitor thermocouples and strain gauge bridges
- Control voltage or current outputs
- Includes the powerful yet easy-to-use Windmill software for Windows: no programming required
- Connect up to 8 USB units to one PC
- Choice of analogue input ranges, selected with Windmill software individually for each channel
- Alternatively, choose automatic ranging and let the software match the input signal as closely as possible
- Integrating analogue-to-digital converter reduces electrical noise
- Use Windmill to select the resolution of the A-D converter from 12- to 18-bits
- Automatic recalibration
- Comprehensive User Manual
- Free technical support for life
RTD and Pt100 Sensors
Resistance temperature devices (or detectors) rely on the principle that the resistance of a metal increases with temperature. When made of platinum, they may be known as platinum resistance thermometers (PRTs), and when specified to have a resistance of 100 ohm at 0 oC, as Pt100.
Resistance measurements are made by passing a constant, known, current through the unknown resistance, and monitoring the voltage drop across the resistance. The 752 unit provides a constant current source of 1 milliamp. This gives excellent results for all wiring configurations, including 2 wire, 3 wire, 4 wire and 4 wire compensated. The most accurate results are obtained using a 4 wire arrangement.
Windmill Charting software
Windmill software is included in the package. Windmill automatically converts the resistance measurement to a temperature in your choice of engineering units. Windmill offers data logging, charting, alarm indication, output control and sends data to other applications like Excel. You can also add process mimic generators, sequence control and many other modules. Should you wish to program the hardware yourself, you can use the IML Tools to do so.
Thermocouples and Strain Gauges
By adding a Microlink 593 unit, which provides cold junction measurement, you can also monitor thermocouples. For strain gauges you need a Microlink 594 connection box and excitation supply.
If you need more information please contact us. You might also be interested in an article on temperature measurement, which compares different temperature sensors and is on our Data Acquisition Intelligence site.