Data Logging and Process Control Software
Data acquisition systems need to be versatile and easily expanded when requirements grow. The Windmill software suite meets these needs and has proved itself in hundreds of applications including:
- Quality assurance
- Research and development
- Environmental monitoring
- Test and measurement
We package Windmill with all our hardware. It comes with free technical support for life.
We're sorry but we no longer offer Windmill as a stand-alone product. It is only available with data acquisition hardware.
Charting Data with Windmill
Truly Modular | Testimonials | Is Windmill Suitable for You?
Each Windmill program concentrates on doing a single job and you simply run as many programs as you need. You can run several copies of each program, which means there are no fixed limits to the size of a Windmill system. Windmill programs include logging, charting, process mimics, alarm logging, PID control and sequence control.
You can also build specialised modules using a programming language like Visual Basic. Let Windmill take care of the hardware configuration and control, logging to disk, and so on. The finished system could use any of the hardware supported by Windmill.
Windmill data acquisition software with Microlink hardware
Virtual Instrument, HMI and Process Mimic Generator: Windmill Graphics
An example of a process mimic created by Windmill Graphics
Create hmi windows with Windmill Graphics. This program customises the Windmill software suite, making a versatile
system that is unique to your application. The window continuously reflects the state of the system in the real world.
Once you've created a window you can protect it from further editing. You can make the display a simple front end,
or show enough detail to keep the even the most data hungry happy. Virtual instruments, process mimics, annunciator panels,
wiring diagrams... it's entirely up to you.
The Windmill Test Sequence software adds many more facilities to the standard Windmill and Streamer software. For example, Test Sequence lets you:
- Perform PID (proportional-integral-derivative) control
- Monitor alarms and automatically take appropriate action
- Check if a condition is true before doing something - eg if a temperature is greater than 20 oC then switch off the heater
- Start and stop logging according to conditions or time of day
- Ramp output values up and down
- Send key-presses to other Windows programs like Excel
- Loop several times through a command sequence - useful, for instance, if you wanted to slowly rotate a head one degree at a time
To use Test Sequence you simply create a text file containing a list of commands, and tell Test Sequence to run it.
The Help file supplied with Test Sequence gives loads of examples on how to perform tasks, and we are happy to help if your application isn't covered. As with the other Windmill programs, Test Sequence is packaged with all our hardware.
Testimonials from Windmill Users
"This seems like the best, most versatile, and professional data acquisition/processing suite I have seen. "
FK, Chalmers University of Technology
"Takes away the tedium of old
fashioned data-logging and post
processing by combining the two tasks
into one. It is possible to run simultaneous
measurement, computation and graphical
analysis macros in Excel under the
Windmill environment. "
"Excellent software...very helpful "
Is Windmill Suitable for You?
- Windmill runs under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and 98
- Supports analogue and digital input and output including:
- strain gauges
- pressure transducers
- environmental monitoring equipment
- process control devices
- laboratory instruments
- Supports an extensive range of equipment and communications protocols.
- Speeds up to a maximum of 200 samples per second with 20 or more channels, or with the Streamer module, 100000 samples per second.
- Alarm indication on all inputs.
- No programming required; all programs are ready to run.
- Transfer data to Excel or other applications.
- Easy to use.
- Free, lifetime, technical support when purchased directly from us.