Sale: Was £145 now just £50!
A measurement and control system often involves several types of instrument from different manufacturers. The software must be able to cope with all these variations. COMIML is our universal serial driver for Internet, Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 and Modbus devices. It lets Windmill read and control almost any serial device which connects to the PC's COM or TCP/IP port and communicates using ASCII, binary or hexadecimal messages. These include such varied equipment as electronic balances used in a laboratory, GPS receivers used in the field and data loggers used in process plant.
- Handles up to 10 instruments or devices at once.
- Lets Windmill log data at up to 5 samples per second.
- No programming required: configured using simple dialogue boxes.
- Includes ComDebug serial trouble-shooting software. You can see all bytes sent and received, even non-printing characters like carriage returns. This is crucial when dealing with binary data. ComDebug also lets you see the state of the input and output lines to the computer's COM port.
- Free technical support for life.
- A money back guarantee: if the software doesn't suit you we'll refund your money.
What sort of Instruments can COMIML Control?
You can control both those serial devices that continuously output messages, and those that require commands before supplying data. With a flexible approach to building command strings, and parsing the received data strings to extract data values, the majority instruments are supported. These include GPS, sonar, gyro compasses, motion sensors, gas analysers, PICs, pH transmitters, power meters, data loggers, titrators, particle analysers, conductivity meters and laboratory scales.
You have the freedom to mix and match equipment from many different manufacturers in many combinations. For example, serial devices from A&D, Anton Paar, Ashtec, Bruël & Kjær, Dataq Instruments, Datel, Datataker, Denver, Desoutter, Ecom, Edge Tech, Electro Industries, Fisher, Furuno, Garmin, Horiba, Mettler Toledo, Microchip Technology, Motorola, Molyteck, Newmar, Nu-Metrics, Omnistar, Omron, Orion, Parallax, Paroscientific, Patton, Phytron, Quantum Logic, Quest Scientific, Sartorius, Siemens, Telegan, Telemecanique, Texas Instruments, Transcell and TTi have all been handled by COMIML. Many channels of data can be accepted from each instrument.
Note: this product is for customers who already have a copy of Windmill and want to add the COMIML serial driver. If you do not have a copy of Windmill please choose the Windmill with COMIML option instead.